Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Diesel hydronic system intermittent malfunction

Options
murph9265
murph9265 Member Posts: 1
I have a beckett oil burner attached to my peerless boiler that intermittently malfunctions. i have had both of my local HVAC companies over to look at it and neither one can figure out the issue they just keep throwing parts at it. It is a diesel hydronic system with individual circulation pumps for the domestic hot water and the 3 individual air boxes.
So far the entire blower/burner unit is new including, oil pump, blower motor, fan, ignitor and the control box but the problem continues. Is there anything else can cause the blower motor to no fire? The exhaust fan starts as it should, about 15-20 sec before the blower should kick on. When the blower is running there seems to be good fuel. Is there a thermostat somewhere that I can check. In the beckett manual it explains about the polarity wiring on certain thermostats which when wired incorrectly can create intermittent issues. The control box is a Honeywell. The only unchanged part is the CAD cell eye which I have on hand if needed.

The boiler will work for a a week sometimes and sometimes it turns off a couple times in a day. Sometimes it can be reset with the reset button and sometimes the button will not reset and the only way to reset it is to turn off power to the unit and then turn the entire unit back on.

It seems like the blower is not being triggered to start, then the unit locks out because it doesn't sense a flame.

I can send picture or whatever else I need to do to get this problem remedied. I hope someone will be able to help.

The gentlemen at becket said it was my forced exhausted control board not returning power to the blower motor. Maybe....

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Seems like the Beckett guys might be right. Which Honeywell primary is it? Is TT jumped on the primary,
    When you hit the reset and the burner does not attempt to start, is the light on the primary actually blinking, or showing lockout to indicate the burner went into safety after a trial for ignition?
    If the burner is not in safety, then it never got power to it from the aquastat.
    If it happens again, before you do anything, see if you have 115v to B1, B2 on the aquastat, or the load side of the limit.