Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil McLain HE2 1013-200

Olsen29
Olsen29 Member Posts: 3
I have the boiler and control in the title
Replaced the igniter and the control.
When it tries to fire lights go as expected but the flame light will not come on. It pauses and keeps going through the same start steps without locking out. I can put 24v from the board to the gas valve and make it fire but there flame and power light flash sensing unexpected flame. Any help would be awesome!
Thanks.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    NO!! DO NOT APPLY 24v DIRECT TO THE GAS VALVE!!
    When you say "flame light", do you mean the Hot Surface Igniter?
    Check if you have 24v at the gas valve. Sounds like the gas valve is bad.
  • Olsen29
    I get the do not! apply 24v to the gas valve.
    The last light to light is the flame light, that will flash with the power light when when I make it run by jumping power to the gas valve. (Do not run power to the gas valve) It is liked there is to much draw on the control board. As soon as the board tries to power the gas valve it resets and tries the sequence all over again and again, never locking out. And never firing. $385 for a gas valve? I want to be sure that is the problem before throwing parts at it. After all it does work with 24v directly. Why not when it comes from the control board sequence? Only from control board 24v input.
    Again thanks for the help.
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    edited October 2017
    sequence should be, draft motor starts, draft switch proves, hot surface heats up, gas valve opens, starts, then the flame sense keeps the gas valve open, if all this is functional then the problem is somewhere else, if not one or more of the parts in the sequence is bad, hope that helps
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
    kcopp
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    You need an electrical meter and a manometer.
  • Olsen29
    My Bad! had the limit switch and the gas valve wires crossed.
    Thanks for the help here.
    HVACNUT