Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help find a heat exchanger.

plj
plj Member Posts: 2
Hi
I have a pool boiler (Certikin Genie MB50C) which has finally decided to pack up. I think the issue is the Heat Exchanger. TO confirm I remove the condensate waste with the heater on but not lit (so no heat basically but as it won ignite anyway that's not surprising !). The water is flowing out of the condensate waste with vigour.

The heat exchanger in this boiler is a Giannoni MB30-45-055-00 but Certikin direct me to pool suppliers who are charging £1200 for this part ! I just don't have that kind of money so I am hoping someone can help me identify where I can get this item outside of a pool centre.

I have seen similar Hat Exchangers used by Baxi, Potterton and Vaillant but not this specific size but am hoping this I the same as used in other non-pool related boilers.

My contact with Gannoni (now Sermeta) has proven futile ...

This is for a 50 Kw bolier (170,000 BTU).

I can upload a photo if

Comments

• Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    How old is theboiler? Are you using chlorine or salt?
  • plj
    plj Member Posts: 2
    Pool boiler is 10 years old been used with Chlorine. Actually looks like Malvern Boilers make these for Certikin but neither they nor Certikin will deal direct leaving me with a best price of £922 to replace the heat exchanger via a pool company .. Then there is fitting of course..
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Even if you replace teh heat exchanger, you will probably only get 10 years with it. I use titanium heat exchangers tube and shell heat exchangers. You can buy a regular boiler plus a buffer tank to feed the heat exchanger. I use the Polish ones made by AIC.
    HVACNUT