Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Books

I have been a wet head/plumber for my entire career, (well life I guess as I started when I was 8 or so) and do lots of service and installation on steam and hydronic boilers. I am starting to think it is time to branch out a little and get my feet wet in the world of refrigeration and heat pumps. As such, I would love some recommendations for good books to get started down this path. Recommendations please?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    Copeland Refrigeration Manual. You can download it on line. Good basic information to get you started. It's a series of 5 or 6 skinny manuals. It's a real good start easy to read and understand

After that you can look for other material
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    That is good, got the hard copy 30+ years ago.
    If you get lined up with a brand name of HVAC equipment, they usually have a lot of info. (again I have the paper versions)
    They want their equipment installed correctly and offer classes thru wholesalers. But you need to learn the basics first.
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Thanks! Mostly I see myself doing geo heating systems and if I feel comfortable, branching out into radiant cooling a bit. I do understand the basic refrigeration cycle, though I have never actually worked on one in the field so a good primer on the basics is definitely where I need to start.