Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless Purefire Settings

Options
StephenPelosa
StephenPelosa Member Posts: 20
I just was thinking about what happened to me after Hurricane Sandy. Thought I would share with everyone. I needed a new boiler due to the hurricane. So I opt to get the Peerless Purefire. Yes , I changed from oil to gas. I really liked the Peerless oil burner I had, but it was time to upgrade. So I went for the whole nine yards. Anyway, the local heating (experts) installed my new Peerless Purefire. My neighbor had the same exact system installed, same amount of zones also. We both had separate circulating pumps for each zone. Well, I noticed that my pump for the indirect tank would never shut off. Went to my neighbors house and his did shut off. After pondering what to do, I was reluctant to call the boiler experts to come and see what was wrong. So, I got out the service manual and studied it. What I found out was that it was programed for zone valves instead of separate circulating pumps. All I did was change the setting and my problem went away. Just a thought for everyone.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    Funny how at some jobs, the manuals are nowhere to be found. They're the first things to get tossed with some. It was a running joke with guys I've worked with, "Manual? We don't need no stinkin' manual."
    Until The Cloud, I was always hesitant to upgrade my phone for fear of losing all my manual downloads.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    Kinda makes me think they didn't hang around long enough after the last payment, to preform a operational check...Did you call them and inform them of there oversite?
  • StephenPelosa
    StephenPelosa Member Posts: 20
    Options
    No I didn't want to call them. It was awhile since the install that I noticed the pump continueusly running. They would have charged me for the call. I am sure of it. As it was, they gouged me for the install, Funny how so called a "reputable business" can do this to people when a disaster hits. I had a distant relative tell me at a get together that he upped his prices just cause of Hurricane Sandy.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I wasn't aware Purefire had a dip switch for pump or zone valve operation? And if it does, why would the DHW pump run continuously with zone valves?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.