Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problem with Zone Synchronization

Options
Hello, I recently installed a Honeywell aquatrol aq25042b on my buderus oil fired boiler system. It is zoned with circulators. It had a basic Taco control panel that worked perfectly, I just wanted the extra features the aquatrol has. Mainly being the zone synchronization. The problem I am having is the control will not respond to any of the thermostats (digital lux) when the zone synchronization is enabled. If I turn off zone synchronization everything works just fine. Honeywell states that this feature will work with basic digital thermostats, and does not require there communicating thermostats. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Sources from Honeywell tell me it will enable and start working if you leave it go long enough.
    I have not proved it.
    What's the longest you've left it in that position?
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    How can it possibly synchronize with conventional thermostats?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • ChrisF80
    ChrisF80 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Not very long, 5 minutes the most. Robert, I'm not sure how but it clearly states it in the instructions and on their website.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    It's a "dumb synchronization" if you will. It waits till all zones are calling before energizing a demand. It then runs till each zone is satisfied. That's with conventional thermostats.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I have an AQ with communicating stats, room sensors in reality and it works perfectly. I'd install them and lose the conventional stats
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    Is there a time delay on that? If one zone doesn't call, will it stack the other zones indefinitely? I ask because I went to a Tekmar course a few years back with the same technology, and I was turned off because there was no time lapse override.
  • ChrisF80
    ChrisF80 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks all for your input. Robert, I was afraid you were correct, just didn't want the extra expense of replacing the stats. I'm sure it's worth it, my burner short cycles horribly with zones calling at separate times. Now to convince the wife.