Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help Rinnai tankless heater RL75 No Ignition

Options
TimR
TimR Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in THE MAIN WALL
Hi There, We have a three year old Rinnai RL75 tankless water heater that flows water through it, but will not ingnite. It shows no error codes, the propane tank is 80% full, vent is clear. I have powered it off and on. I also tried entering into Rinnai error code mode, and the unit will just scroll --01--02--03--04--05--06--07--08--09 repeat. I guess that means it is showing no errors? Any ideas would be great.
Thanks!

Comments

• Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Check the screen on the inlet cold water line. If it is not sensing enough flow it will not fire.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

TimR
  • psb75
    psb75 Member Posts: 834
    Options
    and"deeper" than the cold water screen, the flow switch could be crudded-up, or its electronics messed up.
    TimR
  • TimR
    TimR Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the replys.The water screen I checked and we have good flow. I'll look at the flow switch. Thanks Again!
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I suspect that as noted, the small turbine wheel inside the CW inlet valve is jammed. I think it is easiest to remove the valve. Drop the 4 screws on the bottom of the cold water inlet and disconnect the internal pipes. They are O-ring joints so be careful with the O rings. There is a small snap ring internal that holds the turbine in place. Pull the turbine apart...carefully, and the turbine wheel and shaft will fall out. Wash thoroughly, re-assemble and blow through the turbine. It should spin freely. Reassemble and report back.