Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cordless copper pipe cleaner

stopgogo
stopgogo Member Posts: 25
where can one find this tool?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KjpD6JFCa4

I would love this instead of the manual labor and it would decrease labor by 3000% and save my joints.

Comments

• BornForDying
    BornForDying Member Posts: 40
    Quick google search. Not sure what size you need, but you should be able to find it from here.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K80M79Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_QI3SybRRFQMT0
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    http://www.pexuniverse.com/mill-rose-62850-power-deuce-brushing-tool-set

This is the set I have, they work awesome. 1/2" 3/4" and 1" in one kit. I have a small 12v cordless with a quick change hex instead of a chuck and it works great with that.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    kcopp
  • stopgogo
    what about the exterior of the pipe and not just fittings like in the video?
  • KC_Jones
    edited February 2017
    The ones I posted do both. Slide the head forward it does the outside slide it back it does the inside. I'll take a pic and post it.

Edit: can't post pictures from phone will have to do it later.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • KC_Jones
    Here you go.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    LionA29
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    I just ordered that kit @KC_Jones , Thanks for the info!
  • stopgogo
    awesome, thank you for this.
    what is your experience with this product? is it durable for daily use?
    I usually modified the regular pipe brush and stuck em into my cordless to clean the fittings. worked marvelously... yeah they deteriorated a bit faster but the pipe came out looking better then i could have ever done it by hand. a clean pipe is a clean solder!

Thanks agian
  • LionA29
    LionA29 Member Posts: 255
    > @Fred said:
    > I just ordered that kit @KC_Jones , Thanks for the info!

So did I, thanks
  • KC_Jones
    I can't take credit. @icesailor was the one that posted it a couple years ago and turned me into it. Too bad he isn't around to take credit.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • Fred
    KC_Jones said:

I can't take credit. @icesailor was the one that posted it a couple years ago and turned me into it. Too bad he isn't around to take credit.

We need to find out what happened to him! He'd leave from time to time but he always came back. @icesailor are you out there??
  • KC_Jones
    There is a thread about him. If memory serves there was some kind of site issue that I guess he took personally and just left. Do a search for the thread and I think there is some info there, @Dan Holohan even tried to get him back if I remember correctly.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • Fred
    KC_Jones said:

There is a thread about him. If memory serves there was some kind of site issue that I guess he took personally and just left. Do a search for the thread and I think there is some info there, @Dan Holohan even tried to get him back if I remember correctly.

KC_Jones said:

I recall that fiasco and it happened before. He had his own way of viewing a situation (like we all do) but he would always come back after a few weeks/months. It's bee over a year now.