Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

First Co Air handlers

Hello I have recently installed a Tekmar 260 control I also have two air handlers One for the second floor and one for the first floor. I have also added the tekmar 033 timer I have noticed that when it's in warm weather shut down my air handlers are currently on and running. Is there anyway to make the air handler stop running while in warmer weather shut down ?

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    The most basic answer is don't let the thermostats call for heat---your wwsd and the stats are fighting each other, and the wwsd is winning the fight. You may want to have set back thermostats to match the Tekmar timer.

Also, you could have strap-on aquastats to dis-allow the fans from coming on.

Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • rpezz50
    rpezz50 Member Posts: 13
    Thank you Gary I totally understand what you are saying. I just didn't know if I needed to add a relay or reconfigure the wiring. I would think the only way I could get around this is to upgrade to the Tekmar 401 house control.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    Yes I don't know all the tekmar models but youre right you need an integrated system that operates the boiler and the ahu together, or some relay tied to a circular output off the tekmar to enable the w call on ahu
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com