Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wiring Super stor 45

I have an oil fired boiler with an L8124L high and low limit has 2 zone valves and 1 system circ. I'm adding the SS with circ and a Taco Sr501-4 relay. Question: the wiring on the 8124 ZR and ZC are to be used to power the hot NH on the 501 or send power in from independent source? In other words do I need to use and maintain low limit in the SS by sending power through ZC & ZR?

Comments

• BillAllen
    BillAllen Member Posts: 103
    Im using the sr501-2 connected to the L8124L. Wired on the 501
    terminals 6 and 5 to tt on 8124 and aqua stat on SS to tt in 501.
    All working ok except existing boiler circ operates when ss calls and does not need to. The ss circ is only needed. Not sure how to wire so boiler circ does not call on a ss call?
  • BillAllen
    I'd need to see a diagram of wiring.
  • BillAllen
    What I have now on existing L8124L I have my 501 6/5 terminals connected to TT on 8124 but there are also 2 other wires connected to TT on the 8124 operating the existing heat. So TT on the 8124 has 2 wires on 1 and 2 wires on the other terminal.
    They way I believe is correct is "alternative wiring". 501 terminals 6/5 connect as shown. 6 goes to SS circ hot and terminal 5 connects to "3" on the 501 and to ZC on the 8124. ZR on the 8124 connects to "4" on the 501. We end up with only the existing 2 wires on the 8124 that for heat.
  • BillAllen
    Ya exactly as Taco describes it. But will this prevent the boiler circ from coming on on DW call unless needed? Or removing the LL red and yellow wires advisable?
  • BillAllen
    True, but when the aqua stat on SS calls TT closes on the 8124 (because it is connected to the 8124) thus boiler circ energizes. I will change that Monday.