Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What we've been up to at GSMT

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
Good stuff going on in NYC.

Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Sailah
    Sailah Member Posts: 826
    Awesome! Glad we could help in a very small way. I'd love to see that building sometime.
    Peter Owens
    SteamIQ
  • DanHolohan
    I'd be happy to show you around.
    Retired and loving it.
    Sailah
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Very nice.
  • DanHolohan
    JohnNY and his guys did most of the heavy work on the steam-system fix. I held their coats and went for coffee. John's guys are amazing.

I'm waiting to hear from ConEd about how much steam we've saved this winter. GSMT is on a budget plan, with a set payment each month, based on last year's charges. They're not telling us about the savings yet, but they did send someone around to change the steam meter. ;-)
    Retired and loving it.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    @DanHolohan
    a couple of district steam questions if you don't mind. Do they still dump the condensate?? Do they measure the steam with a flow meter for billing to do they measure the condensate.

Thank you,
    Ed
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    edited February 2017
    I'm waiting to hear from ConEd about how much steam we've saved this winter. GSMT is on a budget plan, with a set payment each month, based on last year's charges. They're not telling us about the savings yet, but they did send someone around to change the steam meter. ;-)

That is generally GOOD news for the consumer, and BAD news for the utility. Good on all who donated to the steam cause.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • DanHolohan
    We dump the condensate, but not until we yank the heat of it.

Mark, I figured they'd be replacing that meter.
    Retired and loving it.