Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AHR EXPO

Options
The ASHRAE show in Las Vegas was definitely worth the price of admission. True, admission was free and even the flight and lodging were reasonable, but I learned so much. Mostly from the people I got to meet.

I also got time to catch up with my favorites: Mark Eatherton, Hot Rod and John Siegenthaler. But I only met one other Wallie: Tom from back East who I saw at Siege's seminar. Was hoping to meet Kurt Albershardt, Bob Bona, Mad Dog, Abracadabra and all the rest of you.

Maybe next year in Chicago?

xxoo
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
Bob Bona_4

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    I also got to see the new Ridgid press tools, "available in around three months".

• Rich_L
    Rich_L Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the pictures! I hope to make it to the show in Chicago next year. It's relatively close to home (Iowa).
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Sorry we didn't get to meet. I was at the RPA get together and ran in to Harvey Ramer who said you were there, but I think you might have left by then. It was a fun time there. I saw a couple other of the big name people there, but did not talk to them. Too many others taking their attention. I did get to talk to the Holohan daughters, which was great. Harvey introduced me to NYPLUMBER, and we talked quite a while. It was a great group of people, and I felt honored to have been invited. Thanks especially to the RPA, and Mark Eatherton for the invite.
    Maybe if I am able to go to the next show, we need to set up a meet and greet for all of us. With as many people that was there, it was way too hard to find anyone, especially since I had no known faces to look for.
    Rick
    kcopp
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    I think it's safe to say I'll be at next year's show.
    Steve Minnich
    kcopp
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,157
    Options
    Great to meet and reconnect with the wall eyes.

Alan doesn't appear to age?
    , how is that?

Chicago next year
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Who has a big shop in chicago? Getting all the Walleyes (sorry bob. That was to good not to steal.) together and hanging out in a shop with a few cases of beer would be a LOT of fun!
    rick in AlaskaHillyBob Bona_4
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Hello, This is sounding a lot like Wetstock reincarnated. Sounds good to me!

Yours, Larry
    kcopp
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get to stay at the RPA get-together longer, but I had to catch my flight out. Wow, I missed meeting Rick, nyplumber, the Holohan daughters and plenty of others! I'm bummed.

But I got the chance to see Dan Foley again. What a guy!

Yes, we definitely will have to have a organize better for Chicago.

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,287
    Options
    Great idea! I'll look into it. In the meantime, who's going to the Eastern Energy Expo?
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    Robert O'Brien
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    I'll be at the EEE. Hershey is only like an hour away.

#thesweetestplaceonearth
    Robert O'BrienErin Holohan Haskell
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    I'll be in Hershey
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    It was a great pleasure and honor to be your Emcee and host for this years gathering of the W.H.O.A. (Wet Heads Of America) it was truly the who's who of hydronicsville. I only wish I'd have had much more time to visit with all of my friends and acquaintances. And thanks to al of the sponsor who made it happen, along with my faithful assistant Denise Voorhees. She is truly the woman behind the men in this organization. We'd be completely clueless without her. Congratulations to the three recipients of awards at our function. It was hour honor to host our wet headed friends from North of the border in their awarding Robert Bean with their merit award. And congratulations to Greg Cunniff and Johnny H. White Jr for their lifetime achievement awards.. I was honored and humbled to hand you the award. And thank you to the HIA-C for sponsoring the awards.

To those who weren't aware, I've decided to step down as the Executive Director of the RPA. This was like my going away party, except only I and a handful of close friends were aware of my future plans. It has been an honor to serve this industry, our organization and members as your captain, but my doctors are telling me to shed the stress of my job, or it will shed me, and I really don't want to execute that option, so effective April 1, I will no longer be an employee of the RPA. I will still be a member and will continue to help fight the good fight, but only as a volunteer. I have thrown my hat into the arena as chair of the technical advisory committee. Decisions will be made by the IAPMO Executive staff in the near future. If you'd be interested in volunteering your time and knowledge, contact Alan.wald@iapmo.org. Still a worthwhile organization to belong to and really the only game in town..

So, what am I going to do? Create my own controllable stress by way of introducing my new company, Intelligent Radiant Solutions. I will be offering customized training to companies of all sizes. In addition to that, I am partnering up with a European window manufacturer named IQ Glass. They bring 20 years of electric radiant window expertise with them and I intend to utilize as much of it as I can to get them speced into every job that I can. That-design, consult, represent and pretty much do whatever pays the bills. At my own pace

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Harvey RamerHillyBob Bona_4Solid_Fuel_Man
    Options
    You've come a long way from the Colorado plains potato scavenger of yesteryear. You have been my fearless leader and of all hydronic contractors in the U.S. and I will never forget you for that.

Thank you for all that you do for us, for no one can replace you.

TinmanMark EathertonBob Bona_4kcopp
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Yeah. That sounds like less stress.
    Mark EathertonBob Bona_4
  • RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Mark I wish you well in the future. You are one of the good guys and will be missed. Good luck to you and your family.
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    Mark EathertonBob Bona_4
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,287
    Options
    Thank you, Mark, for all of your contributions to the industry. It's an honor to know you. We will miss you, but wish you all the best on your exciting new career path. And please let me know if there's anything I can do to support you in your new endeavors.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    Bob Bona_4
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    Mark -

I still have Contractor magazine articles of yours from about 20 years ago. You made an indelible impression on my career. The very first boiler pic I posted on HH you remarked "that's some mighty fine boiler work for someone who goes by the moniker of Tinman", or something to that effect. I obviously never forgot that and it inspired me.

Thank you.
    Steve Minnich
    Bob Bona_4
  • Mark Eatherton
    Options

Thank you, Mark, for all of your contributions to the industry. It's an honor to know you. We will miss you, but wish you all the best on your exciting new career path. And please let me know if there's anything I can do to support you in your new endeavors.

Erin, thank you. I caught a fleeting glimpse of you and Coleen at the RPA event, but by the time I worked my way through the massive crowd, you two had moved on. Thank you for coming by. I wish I'd have had more time to visit.

And remember, I am not going away, just fading into the background. Thank you and your family for your ongoing support of this wonderful industry..

ME

Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Mark Eatherton
    Options

Mark -

I still have Contractor magazine articles of yours from about 20 years ago. You made an indelible impression on my career. The very first boiler pic I posted on HH you remarked "that's some mighty fine boiler work for someone who goes by the moniker of Tinman", or something to that effect. I obviously never forgot that and it inspired me.

Thank you.

Thanks Steve, and thanks for continually raising the bar.

I will continue writing for Contractor Magazine, a monthly article titled "Hydronic Solutions". Old habits are hard to break

Bob Bona_4
  • Mark Eatherton
    Options
    Thanks Ray. We will stay in touch, just under a different hat and banner. Thank YOU and your sons for supporting this industry.

ME

• Mark Eatherton
    Options

You've come a long way from the Colorado plains potato scavenger of yesteryear. You have been my fearless leader and of all hydronic contractors in the U.S. and I will never forget you for that.

Thank you for all that you do for us, for no one can replace you.

Thank you for your friendship Alan. My sharing of hydronic ideas is great, but getting you connected to two additional people's interested in bee keeping is even more important.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I still think there is a radiant solution to the mite problem. Let's continue the research. Maybe we'll need a wet head bee keepers corner at the next social funk shun

• Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    Chicago is do- able for me, I went 2 yrs ago, enormous show and no time to take in local sights. Looking forward to another trip!
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Options
    Mark,

You are the best! I have learned so much from you, my friend.

- DF
    Hilly
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    Thanks for all you've done Mark. I've learned an awful lot from you!

I wish you success in the new endeavor.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Options

Thanks for all you've done Mark. I've learned an awful lot from you!

I wish you success in the new endeavor.

Thanks Harvey. I wish I'd had more time to spend with you, but it was still good to see you and talk with you. Always good to see friends from The Wall.

ME

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Well done, Mark. I think you're going to enjoy the background. It's lovely here. Thanks, pal.
    Retired and loving it.
    Mark Eatherton
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Mark, you've done so much for the industry. We're very grateful. Doing less will benefit your health. I'm finding that out as I "fade"...
    Mark Eatherton
  • Mark Eatherton
    Options

Well done, Mark. I think you're going to enjoy the background. It's lovely here. Thanks, pal.

Thank you for your continuing support for our industry Dan. We'd have failed long ago if not for your efforts. Thank you!

Mark, you've done so much for the industry. We're very grateful. Doing less will benefit your health. I'm finding that out as I "fade"...

Thanks Paul. As I've said, I'm not retiring. I'm just getting started. Much older and wiser, and hopefully more respected :smile:

ME