Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Super store SSU45

BillAllen
BillAllen Member Posts: 103
Just installed it with W/M Go-3. Circ not calling aqua stat set at lowest setting installed a swet check 3/4 but still getting 160 degree DHW from it and can't cool it down. The supply pipe is hot but should not be. Can't figure why it is flowing. Crazy!

Comments

• BillAllen

• BillAllen
    I installed flow check on supply right upstream next to circ after this picture was taken.
  • BillAllen
    HTP is calling for a flow check on the return. humm...
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Are you sure you've got your supply/return and domestic water tappings right?
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    edited February 2017
    Cant quite see but is there another circulator after the return on the other side?
  • BillAllen
    Yes system circ
  • BillAllen
    Front view
  • BillAllen
    Wondering if the system circ is pulling the return water for the SS even if SS circ is off?
  • JohnNY
    edited February 2017
    There's your problem. First of all, it looks like you've got circulators in series which doubles up on the head. That circulator on the bottom left looks superfluous from what I can make out. Any of those circs on the left will push through your DHW circ since there's likely less resistance (head) through the indirect loop than through your space heating zones. There's nothing stopping that water flow through your "off" circulator to the indirect. Try a good flow check or you'll have to repipe, but I think you'll also have to rethink your pumping strategy altogether.
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • BillAllen
    Ya done so many got confused for some reason on this one. I need a manifold left side don't see why I need the boiler circ either/
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    That "system" circulator does not and should not be there. Remove it. Serves no purpose. You could try to just unwire it and see it that helps.
  • BillAllen
    Yes, I'll remove it and keep it for next job. I think I'll pipe in the SS circ right below the the other 2 heat zone circs. Put SS circ on return instead of supply.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    A good illustration of why mixing valves are needed
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    JohnNYGordy
  • JohnNY

A good illustration of why mixing valves are needed

Great point, Robert.

Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • BillAllen
    Removed circ baby sat the SS drained 160 degree water from tank let tank restabilize, seems to be pushing out 130's. I could have used a tempering valve..you know some of us plumbers just want to save a buck! If needed I'll install one. Thanks guys a simple miss. That boiler circ is for the use of zone valves.....slip up. Funny fire dept inspector and other plumbers in my family did not even notice it!! LOL. 6 plumbers in my family