Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tridicator gauges

leonz
leonz Member Posts: 1,095
I just wanted to let everyone know that you can still purchase tridicator gauges made in the United States.

www.marshinstruments.com

Marshalltown gauge
I just sent a check in to ACI-controls in West Seneca, New York for
75 and change with shipping included for a 3 1/2 square gauge with the bottom mount to replace the Chinese junk I was sold.
The have 4 different gauge models with 9 different temperature/altitude and pressure range values with either a rear mount or bottom mount with 1/2" N.P.T.
I am so looking forward to sending all that junk back to the boiler builder and getting rid of the 2 defective triple aquastats and gauges

Paul S_3

Comments

• MikeSpeed6030
    MikeSpeed6030 Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2016
    Winters is a domestic manufacturer of tridicators.
  • leonz
    edited July 2016
    The Winters tridicators do not have the altitude portion of a true tridicator that I saw in their literature
    I am just glad I have a good gauge coming and I do not have to deal with the plumbers I hired before this.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Marshalltown also make them in something approaching a usable range (0-60 PSI, 0-260°F.) The majority of tridicators we see in the field have near-useless ranges.
    rick in AlaskaJUGHNEAdolfo2
  • MikeSpeed6030
    MikeSpeed6030 Member Posts: 69
    The tridicators with an altitude indicator, at least the ones I have seen, are just manually set to indicate the static pressure head required to fill the system when it is empty. It is just the elevation, in feet, of the top of the system above the gauge elevation.
  • leonz
    Sorry about my tardiness in responding; yes. that is how they are ment to work to show the plumber or homeowner the cold pressure in the system when filling it.

The Marsh folks told me to set it at the12 pound mark to have baseline for pressure as The boiler is at ground level along with the heating loop.