Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to buy Rectorseal Boiler Tablets?

MilanD
MilanD Member Posts: 1,160
Howdy everyone:

Am I not getting something here? I called severalsuppliers/distributors here in Cinci and not one has them. You can order 12 bottles at a time, but that will last me 50 years... I don't think i need that many. Anyone has a lead where to get a bottle of 36?

Also, if anyone else wants a bottle or two, if we can split up costs, I can order 12 and send you each 1-2 bottles.

Let me know.

Found them here:
http://kscdirect.com/item/REC+68732/RECTORSEAL+CORPORATION_STEAMASTER+TAB
kcopp

Comments

• MilanD
    Thanks @Fred. I'll call them on Monday, seem to be closed now.
  • wcs5050
    wcs5050 Member Posts: 131
    Looks like its been discontinued and probably on liquidation. What about surgemaster?
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    edelman plumbing supply, bedford heights ohio
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Sailah
    Sailah Member Posts: 826
    I have a case left if you need some
    Peter Owens
    SteamIQ
    MilanD
  • MilanD
    Thanks Peter. I'll call you on Monday.
  • MilanD
    @wcs5050

I called the company on Friday, didn't say anything about it being discontinued. Could be. Anyone here used surgemaster? Just need boiler treated. Don't want anything going upnto pipes.
  • MilanD
    Thanks @gerry gill. If Peter has some, I'll gladly get it from him.
  • MilanD
    I've had an end cast on lgb 7 fail this week and develop a pin hole leak. It was replaced. Oposite the leak, in the steam chest, was a huuuge mound of buildup. Only there. I have seen another nice buildup on the other end section that I'd like to knock down (took a bunch of video with the phone stuck through the top port and then examined it) and perhaps any other I didn't see. Suggestions on chemicals are appreciated.
  • Abracadabra
    Abracadabra Member Posts: 1,948
    I've been able to get whole boxes direct from rectorseal and sidharvey's without any problem. Not sure why it's not more easily found.
  • Motorapido
    Motorapido Member Posts: 307
    Fred said:
    Looks like you need to be a registered customer to buy, and I assume that means a pro service tech. I am looking for a bottle of these that I can buy retail. I would happily pay a bonus reward to anybody who might have bought a case who could sell me a bottle.
  • Sailah
    edited January 2017
    I can get Steamaster tablets from one of my distributors but they wouldn't sell them direct. I bought 5 cases I think and put most on Amazon for HH members. For some reason Amazon was charging me a kings ransom to shelve them, maybe because they were a chemical? Anyways it was outlandish and I was losing money on every bottle so I said forget it.

I do have 12 bottles left if you want some. 781 963-8000 x 214
    Peter Owens
    SteamIQ
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,590
    @Sailah
    Ebay them with a buy it now set to cover your costs and then some.

There's no reason you shouldn't make a profit on stocking them and having to take the time to box them up and ship them.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Sailah
    Ebay is probably a better option really. But as I explained the whole thing is a hassle dealing with them. I was just doing it to get them for HH members and for a limited time only. I don't like reselling stuff.

I will happily buy cases of the stuff at my cost and ship them to you for your ebaying pleasure... B)
    Peter Owens
    SteamIQ
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,590
    Sailah said:

Ebay is probably a better option really. But as I explained the whole thing is a hassle dealing with them. I was just doing it to get them for HH members and for a limited time only. I don't like reselling stuff.

I will happily buy cases of the stuff at my cost and ship them to you for your ebaying pleasure... B)

I'm out, never have the time anymore.

Anyone else able to take up that offer? :)
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • RomanGK_26986764589
    RomanGK_26986764589 Member Posts: 229
    edited January 2017
    @Motorapido I had no problem buying Steam Master from them and I am just a homeowner, not a pro.