Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

details on last bit of topping up baseboard loops.

swvawethead
swvawethead Member Posts: 205
edited January 2017 in Radiant Heating
Deleted due to excessive rambling.

(This is for one loop that seems to not fill with the fast fill/drain/boiler isolated-bypassed.)

Comments

• swvawethead
    With apologies for my first rambling note please tell me if this will work.

With the system cold and boiler isolated and all zones closed except for the loop in question, fast fill the loop and open the bleeder to help push out the air. I suppose it would be good to have a helper at the fast fill to flip it back down for me when needed.
    Just within the pipe loop itself with boiler bypassed not sure if it is safe to leave fast fill unattended while I am upstairs working the bleeder.
  • swvawethead
    After working through both of my rambling questions the question boils down to:
    Can a loop that is isolated from the rest of the system - including the boiler - safely handle city water pressure with the fast fill open while I work three bleeders for a few minutes?
    I suppose if there is going to be a leak this is when it will be discovered at several locations such as the three bypass valves.
    During earlier fill sessions (that included filling the boiler) the pressure would easily reach 20 psi and take a long time to creep up beyond and to 25 psi.
  • swvawethead
    If I am working solo, maybe I can open/close the fast fill for 10 seconds or so to 'charge' the loop, then work the bleeders and repeat the process as needed.