Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ECOBEE t-stat wiring

cjw9
cjw9 Member Posts: 12
edited January 2017 in Gas Heating
I'm weeks into this open issue ... can anyone provide a recommendation? I have two t-stats. 1 handles 1 heating zone and my AC and I've installed an ECOBEE3 WIFI t-stat there and everything has been perfect. On my second zone (boiler heat only) ... I've attempted to install a second ECOBEE3. I don't have a common wire ... so included in the wiring is the addition of a FAST-STAT unit. I've been in numerous contacts with ECOBEE help desk and even called FAST-STAT -- but I can't get the zone value to work (I have manually confirmed that the heat works on the zone valve). I can't get ECOBEE support and FAST-STAT to agree with where the FAST-STAT should be wired (one says at the zone value - the other at the boiler). I've tried both ... neither have worked. I have a Honeywell circulator board with TV, T, W and Z wiring ports. And I have TACO zone values with 3 wiring connections. Can anyone provide guidance on how to connect the FAST-STAT receiver at the boiler/zone valve side (the sender at the t-stat appears to be straight forward).

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    This gives you the common you need for the Ecobee......done.
    http://s3.supplyhouse.com/product_files/Taco-ZVC403-4- Install.pdf
  • cjw9
    not the zone valve I have (571 - and fast stat gave me that diagram)
  • cjw9
    the common part is working (I have power to the new t-stat) -- but can't get the zone valve to open when heat is called ??
  • Paul48
    I believe I looked at the Fast Stat at one point. It's for folks that have a common connection at their boiler, but don't have the wire run to the stat. It won't create a common connection, if one doesn't exist. I have no idea what your last post means. The ZVC will work with any zone valve.
  • cjw9
    edited January 2017
    tx - the fast stat adds a common when you only have 2 wires run to the t-stat. I think the last comment was ... it appears that the added common wire is working (I have power to the new t-stat) but the wiring that triggers the zone valve to open appears to be incorrect as it won't open when the t-stat calls for heat. Is there an option to post pictures of my actual wiring diagram? tx
  • Paul48
    Right above the comment box, there's a picture of a page with the corner folded. What are you getting for voltage at the zone valve?
  • cjw9
    This is the wiring diagram from FAST-STAT that matches what I have (I think)

• cjw9
    This is what I had for wiring to start with

• cjw9
    edited January 2017
    This is what I had for a "finished" diagram after following the doc above ... that did NOT work

• cjw9
    Ecobee sent me a DIFFERENT wiring scheme (not connected to the zone value - but to the boiler directly)? I tried that - but it did not work either .... what a mess.
  • Paul48
    Does the boiler fire when the zone calls?
  • cjw9
    ? the other zone works fine ... and if I manually open this 2nd zone valve - I get heat. Is that the question?
  • Paul48
    On the zone you're having problems with.......when the t-stat calls for heat, does the boiler fire?