Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

East Dundee firm sued after family hospitalized for CO poisoning

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    That's 20 minutes from me and I've never heard of the company. Interesting name given the circumstances. I'm glad it didn't turn out worse than what it was.
    Steve Minnich
  • Tinman
    Tim and I both wear Sensorcon low level CO detectors on our belts. If his goes off in boiler room, he shuts it down and calls me. I'm the only one who can turn it back on; too much at stake.
    Steve Minnich
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,592
    What is meant by "bypassed the damper" ? Flipped the switch?

That's allowed, isn't it?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Tinman
    It is but maybe they tried to bypass it electrically and screwed up? Or it may have had nothing to do with the damper? Sound to me like it wasn't cleaned and adjusted right. 8 days after it was last cleaned is when the ambulance was called.
    Steve Minnich
  • Tinman
    Or...it could have been something else completely. Not many facts in the story.
    Steve Minnich