Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Full-slip adapter

Hilly
Hilly Member Posts: 427
Does anyone know of another name or another product number for this? It'd work great for a special order bath spout I just got asked to put it. This few bucks would all me to solder without opening out the walls in the ensuite to adapter to the existing copper stub out.

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Sioux-Chief-614-2-1-2-Female-Sweat-x-1-2-MIP-Full-Slip-Brass-Male-Adapter

Comments

• Hilly
    I'm in Canada and cannot order from them.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,121
    Urinal adapters is what I've called them.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Hilly
    Sorry this one is 1/2x1/2. I have seen urinal and closet ones that are 1"x1" and 1"x3/4". They come with Delta Flushometers because they have the valve body for urinals and water closets.
  • Hilly
    Oh right I guess we have manual urinal valves that can be 1/2" in size and pass code. Just don't see those too often. Sorry if I implied you'd missed the sizing hot rod. I should have known better.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    www.supply house.com or Home Depot Supply lists the same Sioux Chief adapter if that helps
  • Hilly
    Still cannot get Sioux locally. Wolseley is a dealer but they don't even list it in there catalog. I need if by Friday if I am going to use it. Otherwise I'll cut the wall on the opposite side and put in a wingback 90 and brass nipple and patch it back up.
  • hot_rod
    Hilly said:

Oh right I guess we have manual urinal valves that can be 1/2" in size and pass code. Just don't see those too often. Sorry if I implied you'd missed the sizing hot rod. I should have known better.

No problem. Urinal adapter as a generic term. They come in 1/2, 3/4 & 1"

Sioux Chief, Supplyhouse.com, Home Depot, probably Amazon.

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Hilly
    Homedepot lists nothing on .CA but I know they just switched to Sioux Chief for all there 1/4" up to 3/4" random push fit, brass threaded, flares, compressions, plastic... So I'm hoping if I go there tomorrow I might just luck out.

I guess my point of the thread was to see if there was different terminology to use when attempting to call the local suppliers tomorrow.
  • hot_rod
    text them a pic of what you are looking for. Brass MIP slip adapter.

Does Amazon deliver up there, probably get them next day :)

And what are you doing up in Canada anyways?

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    @Hilly that adapter is a flushometer valve adapter. Sloan, American standard, Toto and Zurn those are the companies that I can think of off the top of my head make flushometers so I would check which of your wholesalers has anyone of those manufacturers flushometers in stock
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • Hilly
    Yeah I saw that link hotrod... About 45x the cost. Ha ha ha
  • hot_rod
    Hilly said:

Yeah I saw that link hotrod... About 45x the cost. Ha ha ha

That must be a box quantity, maybe 25?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • TrueDat
    TrueDat Member Posts: 8
    That's also available from Nibco, 704-F for the part number.
  • MikeL_2
    MikeL_2 Member Posts: 489
    I've made several slip adapters by accurately drilling the stop out of a standard cu X male adapter........
    Solid_Fuel_ManHilly