Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless gas water heater

Options
I am looking to install a tankless gas water heater.
I work for F W Webb and I have the following units available to me.
Rinnai, Bosch and Navien tankless gas water heaters.
What units have you installed and are there any service problems with these units.
I have soft water but I will still be installing the valve kit on the bottom of the unit.
How long have you been installing tankless gas water heaters.
Please don't send me the video of the bear telling me I am stupid for wanting to install a tankless gas water heater.

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    i install 2 out of three, go with the navien
    BigErl
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    I've installed all three... the install and setup is the most important part. Make sure gas piping is sized or over sized for the unit. Make sure they set the regulator for flow and lock up and have the unit serviced/cleaned. ( I do like the navien as well)
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Have only installed one Navien and liked it. But, this is Rinnai area around here and that is what I install. Mostly, and most important to me, is when I have had questions and or issues, tech support has been there and stayed as long as I needed it. Wasn't impressed with Navien tech support when I called, but it could have been a bad day for them.
    Also, the one time I had to do a warranty call on a Rinnai, which was on a job I didn't do, they paid my service call! I didn't think anybody still did that.
    Rick
    kcopp