Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tank sensor for indirect

keyote
keyote Member Posts: 659
got a TT smart 50 indirect and a Lochinvar KHN085, was told this combination was cycling due to a aquastat and that replacing it with the temp sensor would give boiler better control so i ordered it from lochinvar and it only has a short pigtail and a wire bracket device that seems designed to keep the sensor from going down into tank more than about 4" i would think the boiler would work better knowing them temp say 2/3 down into tank rather than at very top. never did this before anybody got any advice? thanks

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    How many K of ohms is it? If it a typical 10 K version you can order them off ebay for next to nothing. Some have pretty long leads.
  • keyote
    thanks copp it came with no data sheet i have no prob soldering the line to the boiler im just confused about why this bracket seem to be put on it to keep it suspended only about 4 inches into well. I would think the boiler would want to know the temp was dropping before it started happening at the top of the tank but maybe i am wrong
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited October 2016
    See below.
  • keyote
    surprised to find that really is a 37" deep drywell, i just cut the hold back off the lochinvar and soldered some fire alarm shielded cable to it and sent it down, we will see
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Belay that order -- it was late at night and I saw the TT mention -- thought you had one of their boilers. Lochinvar has charts on p.39 of the service manual. Several different curves.