Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

It's a different way to talk.

But I guess tomorrow I get to fix the fixing nut and wind the sound proof cover.

Comments

• warno
    warno Member Posts: 229
    Oh, "English as the second language" manuals are fun. Don't let that fixing nut come loose.
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    I did a project a couple years ago to redesign part of our units to meet safety standards of all the countries we deal with. China was one of those countries. I pored over about 100 pages of safety regulations (think OSHA) that was all written like that. It was agonizing. I was thankful there were some pictures to help clarify.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Pictures are awesome! I like manuals with lots of pictures.

I can imagine that would be agonizing doing all that translating! Especially since the Chinese don't talk right in the first place.
    Gordy
  • KC_Jones
    I didn't exactly translate, it was in "english" sort of. Here is an excerpt:
    "As for the safety cage without safety cage, the vertical distance from the rung center line to the continuous surface close to climbing surface shall not be less than 760mm. if there is non-continual obstacle, the vertical distance shall not be less than 600mm."
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
    Read a 1920s-30s GE service manual and you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. Not only are there a ton of pictures, they all have absolutely perfect English.

I've found 1950s-60s electronics service manuals to be fantastic as well.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • KC_Jones
    I like Lego, their pictures are so good they don't even have words. ;)
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    ChrisJkcopp
  • ChrisJ

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ChrisJ
    Here's pictures and good English.

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Well that's one way to learn Chinese. Imagine having to write sentences like that......however it seems they can condense an English sentence down a bit.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Chris, so you're saying that English Majors used to be employable?........but not needed today as there would be many who could not comprehend their efforts.....Someone should inform Garrison Keillor of the Prairie Home Companion show. :)