Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taconova

Hello, has anyone used Taconova manifolds and know where to purchase repair parts. They do not have a supplier in the US that I can find that actually stocks the stuff.
Thanks

Comments

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    @haventseenenough - Have you checked with this company in NY? http://www.aimradiantheating.com/

They say this on their website: "Stainless Steel Manifolds are imported from Switzerland by AIM the exclusive importer in the US. This quality product is manufactured by Taconova being a well known company in flow controls throughout the world. AIM is proud to distribute this great product that will serve you for many years." (http://www.aimradiantheating.com/store/page47.html)

Not sure if they still import Taconova, but it's worth a try.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • haventseenenough
    haventseenenough Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2016
    Thank you Erin, there is a outfit in Ft. Lee, Onrion, but they contact the manufacturer in Europe. Nobody has heard of Taconova here on the western slope of Colorado.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022

Thank you Erin, there is a outfit in Ft. Lee, Onrion, but they contact the manufacturer in Europe. Nobody has heard of Taconova here on the western slope of Colorado.

I think a lot of the Taconova stuff has come over under a private label name. What parts do you need, I may have some Caleffi parts that fit.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Great point, @hot rod. Thanks!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • haventseenenough
    Bob I have a leaking Tacosys High end or value end manifolds with leaking flo meters and telestat head valve groups. I think the part # are 298.8601.001 for the valve groups and 298.8603.001 for the air vents. If it is Caleffi I may be able to get it from my local supply house. Thank you Paul
  • hot_rod
    A lot of the Euro manufactured stuff does cross over, common metric dimensions. They may purposely use a slightly different taper at the tube connections to drive you to their fittings.

Send a pic of what you are trying to replace, maybe I have some pieces for you to try.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • haventseenenough
    Bob hot rod Rohr, here is what I am working on. I may recommend replacing these manifolds with new ones. They are 3/8 " tubing.
    Thanks,
    Paul
  • hot_rod
    Ouch!

For sure you have some leaks, maybe seized valves? and possibly some bad "helmet heads" I don't know how well the pex adapters could be reused, if they are o-ring seals, those could be bad also? Is the grey tube pex or PB?

Looks like you have different brands of tube, make sure it is CTS tube, OD the same as copper? There was some odd sized Euro tube installed over the years. It could be non barrier tube also, and labels or standards visible on the tube?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • haventseenenough
    The problem I am facing is when I take this stuff apart I may not be able to rebuild it. My local supply house has Wirsbo manifolds and that will make what should be a simple repair become a expensive repair. The manufacturer is very popular in Europe,
    just can't contact them. Thank you for your help.