Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Filters on daikin ducted minisplits

Options
I have an outdoor heat pump compressor hooked up to an indoor wall unit mini split and then also a large ducted minisplit. I'm trying to figure out how to Change the air filter in that large unit. It exposed in a loft space with ducts running to each bedroom. I'm unsure of the terminology, is it an air handler that has the ducts running off it or is it still just called a mini split? Either way- is there an air filter somewhere in there that should be cleaned or changed periodically? There's an grate on the top of it with some dust on it which I'm assuming is for the return air, but there is no filter there.

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    What model is the unit?
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    While we are waiting for the model number ...

I was at a Daikin controls class last week. A new feature available on their 4 way cassette is a " self cleaning filter option ". It has a small vacuum with a stationary brush. When the cleaning cycle is initiated the vacuum cleaner starts and a small motor spins the round filter. There is a collection bin that will require someone to empty it periodically. And I thought about how it seemed a little bit silly and novel , but then I imagined a job that might have like 40 . I then imagined the next " novelty " from them is a machine that goes around and empties the bins.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Yeah, that self cleaning filter is just yakkity sax.
  • hvacfreak2
    hvacfreak2 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    It is a " toy like " in it's execution , but from a controls view it is a " process ". I started with mercury bulb T-87's so I continue to be amazed by some of this , lol.
    hvacfreak

Mechanical Enthusiast

Burnham MST 396 , 60 oz gauge , Tigerloop , Firomatic Check Valve , Mcdonnell Miller 67 lwco , Danfoss RA2k TRV's

Easyio FG20 Controller