Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Quietside

Options
happydave
happydave Member Posts: 79
Are they still in business? Going to look at a combination tomorrow morning. Any customer support? We're Navien guys

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    When Samsung bought them I think the line went out the window. I had only 1 experience w/ one unit and it was not a good one.
    happydave
  • happydave
    happydave Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Yea, not looking forward to it. Parts will be a bear to get I imagine
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Practically all quietside tankless and combis made by manufacturer were under a safety recall
    Contact info below (Took over by a co. in Dallas, not sure if still open)

Nov. 13, 2014—Challenger Supply Holdings recalled Coaire and Quietside gas-powered tankless water heaters that were manufactured by Daesung Celtic Enersys because they can overheat, which poses a fire hazard.

The recall involves all models of single- and dual-purpose Coaire and Quietside gas-fired tankless water heaters, which heat either 4 or 7.2 gallons of water per minute. The water heaters are white. The models are 25–28 inches tall, 15–19 inches wide and 8–14 inches thick. “S-Line Condensing” appears on the top front of the model, and the brand name Coaire or Quietside appears on the bottom front.

The recalled products were sold nationwide at independent dealerships and on websites such as amazon.com from July 2009 through August 2014. Daesung received 40 reports of models that overheated, including four that involved burns on the wall where the heater was mounted and two that involved a fire and property damage. No injuries were reported. Consumers should stop using the recalled water heaters and contact Challenger Supply to arrange for a free repair.

For more information, consumers should call Challenger Supply at 800/729-6118 Monday–Friday 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. CT or go to challengersupply.com.