Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How to have a boiler replaced (without getting steamed)

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 638
edited April 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
How to have a boiler replaced (without getting steamed)

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jaberstein
    Jaberstein Member Posts: 20
    Options
    One bit of information that I often see overlook is that once you do a heat loss calculation and select the heat source to match, you will have to increase its capacity if you plan on using a set back thermostat, depending on the set back.
    I installed a condensing furnace in my home that worked perfectly, but as I was away for long periods of time, I used a set back thermostat and would drop the temperature down to 58 degrees when away.
    When I returned depending on outside temperature, it would take most of a day to get the house back up to set temperature. Eventually I changed the furnace.
  • Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So now you have an oversized furnace?....why not use a wifi thermostat turn the heat on hours before you get home and keep a properly sized furnace that doesnt short cycle and then wind up replacing the limit in 5 years at the very least....thats a deep setback that wouldnt be used on a daily basis right?
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
    KC_Jones
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    That is a great primer for the homeowner. If it were a booklet a "good" contractor could it give to the HO on the first visit, with the website address.

NG suppliers and fuel oil companies would be doing a service to their customers if they made it available to customers.
    Our NG company are required to provide a certain amount of public service to their customers. So once a year we get a brochure about leak detection or energy conservation etc.