Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pilot tries to light but no flame on Lochinvar hot water boiler

Options
jacksonista
jacksonista Member Posts: 2
Hi all, I have an 8 year old Lochinvar hot water boiler and it can't light a flame to warm the water. My pilot light comes on, tries to ignite the gas (I hear a buzzing sound), but won't. There is a Honeywell device on the control panel on the front. After the boiler tries to light, the green light blinks 8 times (the code for this says 24V). Does that mean I need a new thermocouple or is this controller malfunctioning and need a new one of these control devices? I'd like to be a little educated before calling someone out. The boiler was working fine until a couple of weeks ago.

thanks in advance for your help.

I attached a picture of the Honeywell control box.

Comments

• Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    With that control, there isn't a thermocouple. The 8 blinks is suppose to be for inadequate secondary voltage from the transformer. The first thing the tech should do is make sure there's at least 24 volts and I'd also be checking polarity right away.
    Steve Minnich
  • jacksonista
    jacksonista Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response. Is the transformer within this control? At least that way I'll know what probably needs to be replaced and what to expect, possibly.

Again, thanks
    Patricia
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    No, the transformer is a separate part.
    Steve Minnich