Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need to choose a Gas boiler

Options
JWest
JWest Member Posts: 16
edited April 2016 in Gas Heating
The heat exchange and fan just went on my 7 year old buderus boiler but only after I just made an investment in new manifold pipes a few months back. That really hurt but that's not why I'm writing. I am not putting another dime into that system. I have one plumber that wants to install for me either a Burrnam Alpine 105 or a Navian NHB110. Then I found another guy who wants to install a Vissman Vitodens 100. This last guy is definitely more expensive but he seems knowledgeable about how to properly maintain these systems. I cannot believe the prices. I'm just a little guy with a 24 x 40 raised ranch. Could someone please tell me what they would go with given my choices? I know proper maintenance needs to be a priority. I'm looking for some longevity on my investment. When I read the reviews on furnacereview.com it seems like there are always more people with horror stories than happy purchases. I feel like I'm buying something I have no faith will last. Thank You!

Comments

• njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    All very nice units. Key is installation, installation, and installation. Most people have problems with Mod con boilers do installation of the unit being wrong and not knowing the units inside and out along with over sizing the units lowest firing rate.
    JWest
  • Paul S_3
    Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like njtommy said the installing contractor is key. Ask to see pictures and if they have refrences from previous customers....with a similar install...where are you located.....did any perform or even mention a heat loss calculation?does the boiler heat your hot water or you have a separate hot water heater?
    ASM Mechanical Company
    Located in Staten Island NY
    Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
    347-692-4777
    ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
    ASMHVACNYC.COM
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company
    njtommyJWestTinman
  • JWest
    JWest Member Posts: 16
    Options
    I am located in Blackstone MA. Yes, the plumber that wants to install the vitodens 100 does mention heat loss calcuations on their website. I am meeting with him tomorrow morning and I will ask. Currently the boiler does also heat my hot water. Thanks you guys!
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    Options
    vitodens 100 great boiler, it is simplified version of 200. has no warm weather shutdown, rudimentary outdoor reset, requires thermostat and switching relays for pumps operation, no system sensor and lacks lambda pro combustion quality management system. Get vitodens 200, it is over all great value.