Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mechanical schematic design software

Options
Big-D
Big-D Member Posts: 21
Any recommendations on programs that are available that don't necessarily need Auto-cad? Perhaps Windows based?

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,673
    Options
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    I don't have any experience with the type of software you are probably looking for. My experience is mainly with 3D mechanical design software. I am guessing you are looking more for building layout/duct/piping type software? I think some of the pros on here have better ideas than I do. Some of this decision depends on how much money you want to spend. The more "output" you want the more money, typically. The standard in building design and layout these days is Revit, but that is generally only used by larger design/engineering firms that have the money ($$$). My company actually outputs all our units in Revit to insert into building layouts. Wish I could be of more help, hopefully one of the pros has some suggestions. I would start with a list of what you want it to do, you really need to know that to be able to find any software.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    bnjmn
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,137
    Options
    Visio? Caleffi has a big library of piping and wiring stencils when you get up and rolling.

There are some CAD programs that you can use online, no need to invest a lot of $$
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Big-D
    Big-D Member Posts: 21
    Options
    a big thank you to everyone who commented