Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Firing pin location for a beckett AF buner

ppllgg
ppllgg Member Posts: 69
edited March 2016 in Oil Heating
I 'd like to check the firing pin length on my Beckett Af burner ( I have a gage ) , But I can't find the firing pin in any diagrams. Does it even have one ?? All I see is a set screw. (on the nozzle fuel fine, Does that have any thing to do w/it??

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Can you post a pic of what you think is the firing pin...never heard that term.
    What kind of gauge do you have?
    Better yet, why are you taking the nozzle assembly apart?
    steve
  • ppllgg
    Steve it's got the settings on the Beckett T5o1 gage. I'm in the process of putting in a new comb. chamber kit. & It needed new electrodes & nozzle,S0 II used the supplied T501 ga.that came w/electrodes. (I now see it has a "AFII firing Pin Gauge) marking on it.I've replaced & set the eletro's to the new nozzle.I haven't tak'n the assy. apart other than than. I'v read that this pin is marked to the same # on nozzle ( 80 nozzle should have an 80 pin) The gauge checks the pin length that should match that # on pin.
  • ppllgg
    "A total of nine stop screws is available to choose from. They vary in length by 1/16″ per pin, with the number “0” pin being the longest."... Steve this is listed with the Electrode setting . It has something to do the F/Pin But what ??? & Where ??
  • ppllgg
    Steve, I check the 1st link for the AF II. Mine doesn't look quiet like that one. I got a AF ...I Guess that's the Answer mines doesn't have that pin setting .... Just on the AFII it seems.
    Thank You You've been Extremely helpful !!
    Now I'm just curious this %@# pin....LOL
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
    I've always used their Z gauge.

What's a firing pin?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • ppllgg
    My Af doesn't have it, But the AFII's do, I' not quiet sure myself but in that Gauge Video you sent me it mentions about it right at the very end.
    https://www.beckettcorp.com/products/gauges/
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited March 2016
    It appears to be the stop screw on the adjustable head models (HLX30) Pages 6, 16, 17, 18, 19
    https://www.beckettcorp.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/AFII-Burner-Manual.pdf
    So to the OP, yes you don't have an AFII w/adjustable head

steve
    ppllgg
  • ppllgg
    Great STEVE You found It.... One less thing for me to worry about now on my AF... ( NOW there calling it a stop screw ! (which makes a lot more sense to me) Than a Firing Pin. It got me Confused. Yep.
    THANKS STEVE Your Help Is Very Much Appreciated
    Regards,
    Frank
    (I had to use this crazy user name (ppllgg) because all the regular ones were already taken. LOL
  • ppllgg
    Yep , Firing Pin ~ AKA ~ #20 Stop Screw Replacement Kit 51483 on their AGII replacement parts page... (It's called a firing pin on gage & called a stop screw, Nn manual. WT...That an't Right ! LOL
  • ppllgg
    I'D like to replace the flame retention head while I'm in here. (Beckett AG) It has the F-06 head, The boiler is a dry base. My question is (I read that I should have heat shielded head for a dry base sys.) , Is this shield a separate piece, The the F-06 that's on it presently is only one piece stamping ?? & It doesn't look like there was any overheating problem?? (just a bit old)... I'm a bit confused. :(
    Frank
  • ppllgg
    It's A Beckett AF burner (not AG) my error in previous post.