Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sensor location

Options
I'm working in a building with forced air/hot water perimeter heat. What is the best place to locate the sensor for the perimeter valve control. Suggestions so far have been the air return, in a top floor room or outdoor reset. The valve is 3 way diverting, the building is offices & classrooms.

Comments

• Mike
    Mike Member Posts: 94
    Options
    If I understand this? You have hot air ducts heating the core of the building and baseboard on the outside walls. The baseboard in most buildings are to heat the skin of the building, a blanket, so to speak. I'very had good results controlling the baseboards with outdoor reset.
  • mark schofield
    mark schofield Member Posts: 153
    Options
    In some elementary school buildings in Guilford, the original heat was perimeter baseboard thermostatically controlled. With a renovation/upgrad, heat pumps (forced air heating and cooling) were installed in new mechanical rooms. The heat pumps served all the classrooms, offices, gym, ect. Each geat pump had it's own thermostat.They were computer controlled (Johnson Controls) for occupied/unoccupied. The still in place perimeter radiation was set at 55 deg as a safety. Often times the teachers would fiddle with the thermostats so that occasionally the radiation would fight with the cooling.