Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best Brand - Outdoor Sillcock

Steve_in_NH
Steve_in_NH Member Posts: 70
What are the best brands when it come to the Frost-free outdoor sillcocks.

Also, I am interested in doing one hot/cold outdoor sillcock. The only brand I can find is woodford, though i see Moen used to make one but its been discontinued.

Comments

• bmwpowere36m3
    bmwpowere36m3 Member Posts: 512
    I went with Woodford, quality appears top notch and have no complaints.
    LionA29SWEI
  • MikeL_2
    MikeL_2 Member Posts: 486
    Check out Prier, they have a full line of quality hose bibs, hydrants, and sill cocks....
    LionA29
  • DJD775
    DJD775 Member Posts: 249
    Woodford. Made in the USA and rebuild parts are available. I installed 2 of them a few years back and they work well.
    LionA29
  • Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    ditto on Woodford, I installed the 2 handle version many years back to do winter dog washing, it has survived many a cold Kansas night with no problems.
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO
    LionA29
  • Steve_in_NH
    Steve_in_NH Member Posts: 70
    thanks
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 550
    I have both for my house. The Moen was nice that it was one handle, but they got out of that (got one spare rebuild kit). The downside is that if someone didn't know how to work it because they didn't know it could do hot or cold (mother-in-law killed patio flowers by watering with Hot Water).

The Woodford is nice since you can get the handles horizontal or vertical. Two handles, one colored blue, one red. No more dead flowers.

Dave .
    Dave H
    LionA29
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    Woodford and Prier both made in the US. I believe Prier is the old Mansfield faucet. If your looking for H & C Woodford is the one to get.
    LionA29
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    I like Arrowhead Brass, no plastic parts, and nice mounting ears.

When I installed them into a finished wall I put a 4' diameter loop of pex so it could be pulled out and replaced without cutting sheetrock.
    Make sure it pitches down when you mount it, and make sure it drains with a hose connected!

The vertical versions will fit into a partition wall, so you can mount them up higher.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    kcopp
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,584
    I have a Woodford but my dad has 3 from "Legend Valve" that are all 1/4 turn valves and I would've much preferred that.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    Old school: I have 2 Woodfords #25's. 1-hot 1-cold. The handle for the hot side is stored elsewhere. If I want to mix I use the wye hose.... (I know cross connection issue..that is why the handle is usually removed). This model drains even with the hose connected....if you have a pistol sprayer on the end and it is closed you will get a bath when shutting the hose bib off....one learns these things though.

But Tim; washing a dog outside in the wintertime in Kansas? :'(

• Tim Potter
    Tim Potter Member Posts: 273
    Hahahaaa @JUGHNE, its not always -10* in Kansas, but yea, they sometimes get washed when its mild though... :)
    Winter Park, CO & Arvada, CO