Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit

What is this thing?

wayngrovewayngrove Member Posts: 16
edited February 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Hello all. I'm new here, and for purposes of full disclosure, I probably (hopefully) won't have another post after this one. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

I'm in the process of fixing up my house to put it on the market, and one of the many things I want to do is replace the baseboard covers for my hot water (oil) heating system. I'm your typical "Jack of all trades, master of none," so I'm short on names and lingo when it comes to HVAC. I have many options for new covers for most of my house, but I'm perplexed as to the name of this type of heater that's in my kitchen. All google searches have left me frustrated, bringing me results nowhere near what this is. My 3 questions are:

1. What would I call this?
2. Where can find a cover for this?
3. Is this thing too old, beat up or inefficient to the point that I should replace it with something more efficient?

It seems to work normally. I was planning on making a cover, but I can't imagine a plywood box would refract heat well. I also couldn't figure out if this question should go in Domestic Hot Water, Oil Heating or Plumbing, so I went right for the main wall.

Thanks for any and all responses.


Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!