Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need to ID TT terminals on multizone controller for electronic zone valves

I have a gas powered 3 zone hydronic baseboard system with a Honeywell R8335A controller and am replacing the gravity flo valves with Taco electronic zone valves. These valves have a capacitor to close valve which charges from the TT terminals (end switch). I cannot identify where to land these wires. Any help would be appreciated. Attached is a pdf for the zone valve and a jpg of the controller.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Those zone valves have been discontinued for good reason. You are going to have a pump and zone valve on each zone? Waste of time but if you persist, you need a transformer to power the zone valves. The thermostat will open the valve and the end switch will turn on the pump.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Here's a photo of a system like yours in action. Relays, contactors, zone valves for check valves and circs....oh my!
    Warning! Do not view this on a full stomach.
    steve
    SWEI
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    That system truly has it all!
  • CapnDave
    CapnDave Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your comments. My luck the valves were discontinued! I thought some sort of zone valve was necessary (eg gravity flo valves were spec'd at install) to prevent unintentional convection heating in zones not calling.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    You could just use the flow checks specified (what was wrong with them?) or use circulators with flow checks installed. They even make shut-offs with circulator flanges that have a flow check built in.
    steve
  • CapnDave
    CapnDave Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info. Old gravity flo valves were leaking and corroded. I need to replace one of the 30 yr old circulators and will look into the built in flow checks.