Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pipes

Options
Mildred
Mildred Member Posts: 1
I live in a mobile home and I let my water run in the bathroom last night. I woke up this morning and it was still running so I turned it off and did laundry this morning for 2 hours and afterwards my daughter went to turn it on about 2 hours later and my pipes were frozen. Any idea what I can do to u thaw them.

Comments

• Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    Open them back up (faucets that is) for starters.
    If there are any cabinets like kitchen sink base cabinet or bathroom lavatory vanity cabinet that these water lines run through, open the doors to allow the heat from the room to warm them back up. You could try using a hair dryer to heat them up as well.
    Good luck!

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    Where are you located and did it freeze last year?

If you have a "cold climate" mobile home, built for northern freezing weather then the water lines are usually run up inside the insulation with the ductwork....maybe. The water service line under the home however is usually protected with a heat tape from as low in the ground as possible to well within the insulation. Your heat tape may have failed or has no power to it.

Sometimes the solution is to open the skirting and stick a heavy duty heater in the opening. Something like a "Knipko" fuel oil or propane temporary construction heater. Then check the heat tape after thaw out.