Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Crown Boiler TWZ075

Options
jshirkjr
jshirkjr Member Posts: 2
Hello everybody,

So I have a Crown water boiler and last week It started making a noise it never has before. The week prior I also happen to run out of oil due to a faulty gauge, not sure if they're related. IM just wondering what the possible causes for this noise could be, it almost sounds like the startup fan inside the boiler has a whistle to it. I'm just beginner with this stuff and could greatly use any advice possible! Thanks for any help in advance Jack!

Comments

• 776v63
    776v63 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    when you say "fan inside the boiler", are you referring to the blower in the burner itself?

Pictures will help us also.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    It could be the motor or the fuel pump, best to have someone look at it before it gets serious.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    Options
    If I ran out..... I'd change the oil filter, pump screen and nozzle... Filter could have dirt causing pump to work harder... making a whining noise...
  • jshirkjr
    jshirkjr Member Posts: 2
    Options
    The noise is coming from the initial fan that you hear when it starts up, maybe its not a fan but whatever it is it is the first thing that comes on and has started making a whining noise. Sorry guys I know I'm not very much help but all input is much appreciated! Thanks again
  • 776v63
    776v63 Member Posts: 61
    Options
    Call a professional. It's worth the money.