Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burner identification?

iix
iix Member Posts: 18
edited December 2015 in Oil Heating
Ran into a older oil burner the other day, couldn't find any markings on it to identify it. Closest I could come up with was a Heatwise BK-1 although the layout for some of the controls are different.
1.jpg 2.5M

Comments

• 776v63
    776v63 Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2015
    Does the cover come off? All I see is an oil pump and delayed oil valve.

Edit: This was about all I could find.

http://www.butkus.org/furnace/heatwise_bk1_burner.htm

Edit 2: Same guy also posted a PDF manual for it.

http://www.butkus.org/information/slant_fin/heatwise_bk-1_burner.pdf
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Heatwise from early 90's
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    I see a big no-no in that pic. Never should there be a shut off in a return line. It is code not to here in Mass, so I am assuming this is not here?
    776v63
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    There are very few 2 pipe jobs around here, mostly older systems, but the ones that do usually have a valve on them. Mostly because almost all our fuel tanks are above ground on a stand. Nothing worse than trying to take a fuel line off when you can't shut it off. I will take the handles off these valves and tie it to the pipe for future use.
    We do have a couple of underground tanks, and these don't have valves on the return.
    And I know, don't use 2 line systems, which I don't. 99% of all our jobs is a fuel tank outside with a single line coming in at about the same level as the burner.
    Slightly highjacked thread. Sorry.
    Rick
  • billtwocase
    I know you have paid your dues Rick, just a heads up for the OP. Got some snow up your way Rick? Been enjoying a mild season so far on the south shore of Mass
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,477
    After 110 inches of snow last winter we deserve a little break.

At 69 I really don't want to shovel snow off the roof and deal with ice dams this year. Although I will say I have a lovely view of Quincy bay if I stand next to the chimney.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • spoon22
    spoon22 Member Posts: 32
    Heat wise or pioneer Burner they are now out of buisiness I know they made some burners for dedetrich boilers in the late 90's . The previous burner design was the ertly that was late 70's early 80's they came on Dan heat boilers.
  • iix
    iix Member Posts: 18
    Thanks guys
  • billtwocase
    Oertli American was an ABC burner. Was Heatwise the ones who made those sweet things?