Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mr slim heat pump

Is it more efficient to let the pump run its heating my daughters room? Or keep shutting it off and on

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    How big is the room? How big is the evaporator? How often is she in the room? We run ours as needed for both heating and cooling. When it is hot hot out here I will turn the bedroom unit on at 3pm or so and by bedtime the room and the bedding have had a chance to cool off and it is comfortable. Having daughters, I can tell you without equivocation that the right way to run it is the way that makes her most comfortable. My girls never had a hard time tuning up the old man;)
  • kennyb
    kennyb Member Posts: 31
    The room is a good sized bedroom we have steam heating system but I supplement with the heat pump only in her room cause I like the house cold but the little one needs to be nice and warm. And the upstairs always seems a bit colder then downstairs......I usually let the split system in the summer run constant cause it never really high bill, but never ran the heat pump all the time but was gonna try it out and see how it turns out was just looking for some advice from people who have one
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    What fuels the steam boiler and what are the costs for both that and your electricity?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    How about setting the HP for 72* and leave it. The steamer will provide some heat to the room then when the house stat satisfies the HP takes over. I'm sure that on milder days the girls room is comfortable from some heat from the solar effect and again the HP will finish bringing the room temp up