Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Caleffi zone valve end switches

Is anyone having trouble with Caleffi end switches....again?
Dave Stroman

Comments

• delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Only problem I have ever had with them is occasionally, I take the head off and don't get it back on 100% right. Then the end switch acts weird. Have yet to have one of their ZV's actually fail in any capacity, I have only been using them for about three years now and very happy so far....

What trouble are you having?

@hot rod may be able to help you out.

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022

Is anyone having trouble with Caleffi end switches....again?

Which model do you have.

We switched to a reed switch on most models as the very low current draw presented by modern controls was not an ideal match up for a micro switch. And the reed switch is pulled in and sealed with a magnet providing tight closure without a cam action. It is also a sealed switch so airborne costa infants in the room cannot cause problems with the silver contacts.

When we switched switches? The reed has a lower high end capacity 1amp, but better handles milliamp currents presented by digital controls.

Either way, let me know what you are having problems with and mainly what the end switch connects to. It's always best to switch thru a relay box so we can clean up the current and provide an ideal switching environment.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream