Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Mclain will not light

Options
cerlwig1
cerlwig1 Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone im having a problem with my weil mclain gold gv series boiler. I tried it out today for the first time and it will not light. Goes through its cycle and as soon as it gets to the valve indicator light it shuts down. 30 secons later it goes though it again. Never locks out. Blower works good, pressure switch appears to be working. Igniter glows orange. I dont wanna throw parts at it. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Docfletcher
    Docfletcher Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Which GV series 1, 2 or 3? There have been many posts and replies on this subject in past threads. Also there is a number of posts and videos out on the net.
  • wcs5050
    wcs5050 Member Posts: 131
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Probably silly to offer this, but you say first time to fire off ever, or this season? Is fuel line purged of air?
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    See if there is water in the little plastic things in the pressure switch tubing.
    wcs5050
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Options
    I had a furnace that did the same thing ,(never locked out ) I disconnected the stat, jumped out the terminals on the board ,They system worked . I had a bad thermostat. It may be worth a try.
  • caldwell16
    caldwell16 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I have a 20 year old gv-3 it did the same thing but did lock out, I got it working for a while after I shut the power off and reset. But it never fixed the problem, The gas valve was making a chattering noise so I changed that. I also changed the igniter ,cleaned the combustion chamber,ans replaced the burner cone. and this made no difference. Finally one of the great tradesman on this post asked if I had ever changed the circuit board , He went on to say it would be pretty unusual if it still had the original board and it was working. I would start with the board becouse you should be going into lockout.