Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

nordyne/miller mobile home furnace

jdixon717
jdixon717 Member Posts: 4
Hello, I am an hvac apprentice. I haven't tune-up a furnace like mine in my home and was wondering the steps to acesss to inspect the heat exchanger of my Nordyne/Miller oil hot air furnace. It has the M-1 Roof jack where it is double lined to pull air from the outside to the airbox and expel exhaust from the same flue pipe (roof jack).

Any suggestions before I pull burner???

Thanks

Comments

• Aaron_in_Maine
    Aaron_in_Maine Member Posts: 315
    Make sure you have new gaskets before you pull it apart. There won't be much in there unless you burn #2 oil. If you burn K1 you won't find much.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
  • jdixon717
    I burn K1. where are the panel screws to get at the chamber?
  • jdixon717
    Also, have a question about my roof jack. I am replacing that as well. Liner rusted through. I've vacuumed everything out and have taken out all screws I can find, but can't pull old chimney up from on top of the roof. The new roof jack instructions say in drops down over furnace pipe, but I can't seem to pull old one out ...just a tight fit? sawzall old one out? "gently" pound new one in?
  • burnerman_2
    burnerman_2 Member Posts: 297
    I would not tear it down unless it has a lot of back pressure... like said if you are using Kero won't be much there.. and whe we replace a miller.. we do use a sawzall.. they are tight.. the new ones can be tight to try it up and down before you drop it in place .. the furnace being there makes it hard to get a grip on pipe..
    jdixon717
  • jdixon717
    Thanks, will do.