Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Info on Bard Oil Furnace

FDSjr
FDSjr Member Posts: 5
I am currently obtaining quotes for the replacement of my oil fired furnace. One of the contractors is offering a furnace made by Bard - a company I have never heard of. The model number is FLR085V42A. Can anyone tell me if Bard furnaces are reliable and how they compare to the well known brands, such as Bryant and others?

Comments

• Kakashi
    Kakashi Member Posts: 88
    I would get a quote for a Thermo-Pride and/or Spirit. They are built like tanks.
  • spoon22
    spoon22 Member Posts: 32
    Bard is ok nothing special I would go with a thermopride for warm air they are more money up front but have a longer lifespan than any of the other oil furnaces also more efficiency and you can get it with the ecm blower .
  • spoon22
    spoon22 Member Posts: 32
    Ps bard has been around a long time I just prefer thermopride . If money is the issue the bard would be ok it is no worse than Bryant or trane or Lennox for that matter.
  • FDSjr
    FDSjr Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. The contractor is sending me quotes on Trane and Thermo-Pride tomorrow. Another discussion we have been having is standard blower versus variable speed blower. All of the contractors are really pushing the variable speed furnaces. Other than saving electricity, I am not sure what the benefit of the variable speed blower would be.