Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Bumble bee circulator question

Options
Edub
Edub Member Posts: 23
edited September 2015 in Gas Heating
I have a hydro air system with a Triangle tube prestige trimax60 boiler. I have a two zone system, one air handler in the basement and one in the attic. My question is about the bumble bee circulators, when a zone calls for heat, both zones run. So its heating and circulating water for a zone not in use. Ive read the manuals on the bumble bees and understand they do have multipule settings. I figured I would come on here and ask first before I go and change anything. I do not want to mess with the system as it does run fine. I'm not sure if I need a Taco ZVC to be able to control the circulators independently ? Or if it can be done on the circulators themselves. I just feel like I'm wasting energy and gas heating and circulating water for a zone not being used. It may not have anything to do with the circulators at all and may be something else. I can take pictures if needed.

Comments

• SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    Does each zone have its own thermostat?
  • Edub
    Options
    Yes
  • Edub
    Options
    I'm guessing I'm wrong and it has something to do with the boiler controlling the circulators
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Options
    You need a Taco SR relay box . Thermostats to inputs , call closes switch and runs circ associated with that stat . End switch to boiler
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    Edub
  • Edub
    Options
    There are settings in the boiler that allow me to change the circulator operation with system pump?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,142
    Options
    A pic or drawing of the piping would be helpful. Is it piped primary secondary or with a hydro separator? It would require 3 pumps to pipe it P/S.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Edub
    Options
    All set took me 5 min to figure out once I was able to get the boiler manual online. There was a option under channel settings that allowed me to set my desired circulator setting.