Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solar Logic Integrated control System

Options
mars_6
mars_6 Member Posts: 107
I just yesterday took the SLIC control system course and wow is that an amazing system, DR Fred Mildner, one of the designers of the system presented the course and did a wonderful job of presenting the abilities of the control system. I am wowed by how much information can be seen from a laptop computer as to what the system is doing in real time. This system is very multi adaptive to all kinds of systems thank god someone has come out with this system where you can sit at you computer and see what is going on within the system to the point that you can see amp draws from pumps. Are you kidding me. All of this from your office. no need to send a teck to trouble shoot. Ok that's wild. I encourage you to go to there website and see what they have to offer. Matt
Matt Rossi

Comments

• wogpa67
    wogpa67 Member Posts: 238
    Options
    I installed a 5 panel system in september for my dentist. It's heating an indoor pool and domestic. I have been searching for something like this because he likes to see what is and has gone on with the system. This thing seems impressive just from the brochure. Thanks for posting this Matt.
    http://www.solarlogicllc.com/products/slic-solarlogic-integrated-controller/
  • solsean
    solsean Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Super nice guys down there in NM, but the technology is a bit behind. I've asked them about 0-10v boiler control, collector cooling functions, outdoor reset, controlling over temps by means other then over heating a section of the house, compatibility with HE pumps, wiring meeting NEC, being able to change parameters remotely,ect. The SLIC controller reminds me of the Novan DLP minus the internet interface. It's 2015 not 1985.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,137
    Options
    The team did a nice job designing that control. The piping needs to be installed a certain way to maximize the operation. It's a modified P/S with shut offs, or checks between the closely spaced tees.

If you follow PHC News mag, Bristol has documented a number of jobs with the SLIC.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    We interviewed them on HydroniX Talk, and it is archived on the Members Only page of the RPA web site. Matt, if you need your access information, contact Alan Wald at alan.wald@iapmo.org
    ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.