Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler recommendation

jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
Good morning.I have a friend who does not have gas.He is looking to change his oil boiler to a new model.I admittedly am not to familiar with oil but I know someone who will be there to fire the new one up.I hear the MPO Burnham is good.Any suggestions would be appreciated,if it was your house what would you choose?Thanks

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Personally partial to Buderus,Biasi and Viessmann but MPO is fine
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • jonny88
    Thanks Robert.Do you mind if I use pic to show to customer.Does the boiler come with the Beckett gun.Nice clean install by the way thanks again.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Sure,job is in Port Jeff Station. You can order with NX,Riello or Carlin. Prefer NX, it's quieter and has post purge. Vitorond are nice too! This one is in East Islip
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • jonny88
    Thanks again.
  • jonny88
    I like the cover on beckett gun is that a special order.
  • Robert O'Brien
    jonny88 said:

I like the cover on beckett gun is that a special order.

No,standard on the NX
  • jonny88
    Great what supply house do you use.I take it where you go these are stock items.
  • Robert O'Brien
    edited May 2015
    We use USA Heating,Blackman and Hydronic Supply for Buderus. American Universal and Sids for Viessmann.
  • jonny88
    I use Hydronic to wasnt sure if they could get it.Good to know ,thanks
  • jonny88
    Went to USA Heating.Thanks so much for the advice.What a good bunch of guys and very knowledgable.Thanks again found myself a new place.I actually needed some replacement parts for a GB142 which they had in stock.Fantastic.
    RobGRobert O'BrienSWEI