Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buried oil tank cap key

radonc
radonc Member Posts: 12
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum. Since it's for a buried oil tank, I figured I'd get some responses here. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement key like this one. As stated, it's for a buried oil tank cap. This winter the oil company service tech used a wrench to open it and broke one. The other has a fracture. I'll look into getting that one welded. But I wanted to check ebay and see if they may have it. I tried checking at a few plumbing and heating places around by me, but no luck. Does anyone know the name of this type of key?

TIA

Cal
01.jpg 87.6K
02.jpg 85.3K
03.jpg 175.8K
04.jpg 156.6K
05.jpg 153.8K
06.jpg 152.3K
07.jpg 170.1K
08.jpg 103.4K
09.jpg 103.9K
10.jpg 174.7K
11.jpg 128.7K
12.jpg 135.4K
13.jpg 142.8K
15.jpg 178.2K

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • radonc
    Thanks Rob. I had seen that one, but I wasn't sure of the dimensions of the square head. If it'll fit the cap.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Oilmens Supply Revere, Ma. 781-289-4300
  • radonc

Oilmens Supply Revere, Ma. 781-289-4300

Thanks Ed, I'll give them a call.
    Cal
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Personally I would raise it and use a cap or Scully fill adapter instead. This is where the water in the tank usually originates
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Personally I would raise it and use a cap or Scully fill adapter instead.

I agree unless the snowplows will get it.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    edited April 2015
    buried tanks here are generally in the yard with grass over it. I don't see where he stated it was in his driveway. Those wrenches don't just "break" for no reason. Those caps always are worn and cross threaded, and the gaskets are long gone. I have all those wrenches, but got rid of all those fills. Try and find them under 3-5 feet of snow