Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Can't adjust temp on Rinnai RUR98i

Options
sfling
sfling Member Posts: 2
I had this unit installed (along with the MC-195T-US controller) a month ago. All the configurable options in the controller work, except the ability to change the temperature up or down (it's stuck at 120 degrees). The lock icon is not on. I've power cycled the whole system (for at least 15 minutes) a couple of times, but still no luck. My installer was initially stumped, but after I called him multiple times, I was told that on units where recirculation has been activated, that the temp is not adjustable (something about ensuring the water temps are kept where they need to be at the spigot).

Can anyone verify this answer, or instruct me on how to adjust the temps down to a more comfortable level?

Comments

• sfling
    sfling Member Posts: 2
    Options
    P.S. - I've ensured the burner wasn't on, recirc wasn't on, and there was no flow through the system...the temp still won't adjust.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Is there a recirc connected?
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    The RUR is a new unit with the circulator built in. I just went through the installation manual and do not see anything that would eliminate temp adjustment in record mode. I'll check and report back
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Is the unit operating off a dedicated recir line or crossover? If there is any flow from either a faucet or the circulator above 110* you will not be able to adjust temp. Did you set dip switch #6? You need that to exceed 120*. D6 allows settings of 125.130,135,140