Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant PERT reviews?

Options
Hilly
Hilly Member Posts: 427
I've always been a big fan of Uponor hePex for my heating jobs, nice turn radius, not super stiff making it easy pull/straighten/etc. Where I live it is only available from 1 supplier. Watts RadiantPERT is available to me now at multiple suppliers and is 40% cheaper. Can anyone give me any feedback on the RadiantPERT? Thanks in advance.
Sidenote: the reason I switch to Uponor in the first place was because the old Watts RadiantPex was so stiff and was super noisy on systems that had med-high temp. I never actually used it on a low temp radiant system. But I know for sure even when holes were oversized and there were lots of precautions taken for expansion of the pipe it was still noisy.

Comments

• Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    used it on a couple jobs, very nice, no memory like cross linked. lower max temp (180°F) non issue in radiant. no issues, quiet. used it with the new Smart trac from Watts once too. nice stuff

(Canada installations)
  • Hilly
    Hilly Member Posts: 427
    Options
    Yeah we ran about 500' of 3/4" last weekend. Price was really good. It wasn't quite as flexible as uponor but it was FAR better than the Watts RadiantPEX that was kicking around before. And it ran quite quiet - like it should. I thought the 180F was at 100psi and that the temp would raise slightly when the pressure is reduced and vice versa.
    I think I would continue to purchase it until MRPex finds me a way to get the piping into my part of the country.