Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any advantage replacing older model Reillo M3?

RTW
RTW Member Posts: 43
I have single pipe residential steam system that operates well and uses a Reillo M3 oil burner. I saw an older post on Reillo vs Becket and wanted to know if upgrading to a newer model would have benefits in efficiency that would justify the costs? I have followed the advice on this site adding main vents to balance system, etc. to correct other flaws and this is my last consideration. Thanks

Comments

• RTW
    Not sure if I asked question correctly? Im trying to find out if changing out an older model oil burner would have benefits to improve efficiency in steam boiler - Bob
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    If you are an efficiency weenie and are in to such things, change it. From a practical standpoint, I doubt that you could see the difference on operating cost. As old as it is, it may be as efficient and working as well as any Beckett its age.

If the person who changes the burner, cleans the old boiler like he owned it, and turned it into like new condition, change it. Otherwise,,,,,
  • RTW
    OK, it was just an afterthought. For me adding main vents, cleaning & adjusting rad vents, tilting rads and cold syphoning boiler ( many times) made the most noticeable improvement.