Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need a good/poss. free online drawing program...

john p_2
john p_2 Member Posts: 367
Would like to make drawings of my existing heating system illustrating the baseboard loops. Does anyone know of a simple and possibly free online tool/program I could use to do this. Would love to find something I can draw to scale for accuracy.

Comments

• Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    Yes the flow pro.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    What about Visio or Sketch Up
    ? We have a good collection of stencils that you can use with Visio and other programs. Available at our website, as seen in the back pages of all the idronics.

We have added more solar and a bunch of wiring stencils with "click points" Just drop in the component and connect lines.

I think Mike built the wiring lines so they route around one another instead of crossing.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Mark Eatherton
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Taco.com has a good selection of software to do exactly what you want. It does take learning the program, but I think you will love it. Complete with flo/pump/cv/valves/boilers etc... Calculates flow, alternative piping selections, etc...

Mike T.
  • john p_2
    Empire - OMG! I love this Taco program....while I have a rather simple system to re-do (2 floors of baseboard + future basement floor of BB, indirect hot water heater and a dying UB-90 150) it allows you to make mistakes on the drawing that easily can be fixed. Thanks...
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Just wish they had 4-way valve objects in it...
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Can the Caleffi and Tekmar stencils be imported/used with sketch up? I know Tekmar can be used with Visio. In a perfect world, I'd love to find something that uses all the equipment and components I use. Maybe it exists?
    Steve Minnich
  • john p_2
    Stephen, just starting with the Taco program but it sure does have tone tons available equipment/components ...Have you looked at the Taco program?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    I have and I've used it a bit. I'll be honest. I can still draw a piping schematic far quicker than I can put one together in any kind of CAD. Maybe I just need more practice? Bad eyes. Fat, crooked fingers.
    Steve Minnich